2008-04-02

Blogger Question: Showing post authors in separate column.

Question:

Hello,

I'm creating a blog which has 10-12 writers, so I decided to incorporate avatar images next to each post to clearly show who has written it. I've found the relevant code in Blogger help, and now have thumbs appear instead of text:

http://jbotest.blogspot.com/

Which is great. However, I'm trying to arrange the page so that the avatar images always appear flush on the left and the post text (including title, content and date) all appear to the right of this. This mock-up shows the basics of what I'm aiming for:

http://free.elixhosting.com/jollyboysouting/example.jpg

Any ideas? I'm hoping it's a quick CSS fix or two away. I'm not a coding expert, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Answer:
There is no method for this except by using the Blogger Labels feature. Every author should add his name as a Label in the bottom frame of the Post Editor before publishing the post. The administrator should add the Labels widget or Page Element in the sidebar. Then the author name will appear as a Label in the label widget in the sidebar.

End result will be something like below:-



Hope, it helps.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

1. Comments posted must be accompanied by names or pseudonyms.
2. Anonymous posting and those containing profanities will be rejected.
3. Comments are moderated due to spam problems. I have to approve the comment before it will show up.

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X
=(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] :-t b-( :-L